Marin Cilic Says he is Not Able to Play Wimbledon Because he Tested Positive for COVID-19

Marin Cilic Says he is Not Able to Play Wimbledon Because he Tested Positive for COVID-19
Image ©Susan Mullane-USA TODAY Sports
Kuthula Magubane
Author:
Kuthula Magubane
Updated: 
August 26th 2022 - 08:24 AM

Marin Cilic, the 2014 U.S. Open champion and 2017 Wimbledon runner-up, pulled out of the grass-court Grand Slam tournament due to an illness. Place a bet on the Wimbledon at any Michigan Online Casino like BetMGM, DraftKings and FanDuel. 

Cilic shared on Instagram this past Monday that he has been self-isolating and was hoping he would get better in time for the tournament, but added that he was still unwell.

Cilic was replaced in the draw by 123rd-rankedNuno Borges of Portugal.

During the qualifiers for Wimbledon Borges lost, but  now he will face Mackenzie McDonald of the U.S in the first round of the main draw on Tuesday. 

Earlier this month, in the French Open, he was able to make a run that got him to the semi-finals, and made him the 5th active man to complete a full set of appearances at all four major tournaments alongside Nadal, Djokovic, Federer, and Murray.

LuckyLand Slots #1 Trending - Redeem Prizes For Cash & More!
LuckyLand Slots Free Signup Promo Get 10 FREE Sweeps Coins LuckyLand Slots First Purchase Offer Get 10 FREE Sweeps Coins

Get Free Bonuses Straight to Your Inbox

8