NFL Player Incentives To Keep In Mind Before You Place Your Week 18 Bets
Well, football fans, the time has come–week 18 is here, which only means one thing: the end of the 2022-23 NFL season. While the end of the season usually brings sadness to most fans (and excitement to others) it does mean something different to the players taking the field.
With the way modern-day contracts are structured, many players have statistical incentives. So, for example, if a player makes 60 receptions in a season, they will receive an additional $100,000. Exciting, right?
Well, you may now find yourself wondering what this has to do with sports betting. Well, just think about it–you’re on a bad team that’s out of the playoffs, or one that’s already in the playoffs, and you need just a few more catches or yards to make a boatload of cash. Aren’t you going to do everything in your power to make sure that happens?
I feel like we catch a mic’d up moment of a QB every season making sure his receiver hits his bonus too. So, these incentives actually have a lot of betting implications to keep in mind.
Here are some of the marquee NFL player incentives that can be completed here in week 18. If you want to bet on any of them to accomplish their goals, be sure to check out the prop bets available at these online casinos.
NFL Player Incentives
- Detroit Lions Wide Reciever Kalif Raymond needs seven catches for a $250,000 bonus. He also needs 50 yards to receive an additional $250,000.
- Jacksonville Jaguars Wide Reciever Christian Kirk needs just two catches for a $500,000 bonus. 91 yards would net him an additional $500,000. His over/under on receptions is currently set at 4.5 and his over/under on yards is currently 58.5, according to DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Los Angeles Chargers Tight End Gerald Everett needs just five catches to cash in his $250,000 incentive.
- Los Angeles Rams Tight End Tyler Higbee needs 13 more yards to hit his $500,000 bonus.
- New York Jets Edge Ruser Carl Lawson is only ONE sack away from hitting his $600,000 contract incentive.
- Buffalo Bills Wide Reciever Isaiah McKenzie needs 10 receptions for an additional $100,000 bonus.
- Cincinnati Bengals Tight End Hayden Hurst needs just two receptions to cash in on his $125,000 bonus.