Six March Madness Wagers To Place On The Final Four

Six March Madness Wagers To Place On The Final Four
Image © Kelley L Cox-USA TODAY Sports
Ty Bronicel
Author:
Ty Bronicel
Updated: 
August 26th 2022 - 08:24 AM

Now to the NCAA Tournament’s fearsome foursome –the schools in this fine quarter look more than a little familiar.

Four blueblood programs will battle it out in New Orleans on April 2 for the right to play in Monday’s 2022 NCAA Tournament title game.

Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, and Villanova. That’s quite a quad, eh? Should be a fun and exciting Final Four in the Big Easy, but it may be difficult to figure out which schools to wager on.

We’re here to help.

Before we begin, remember you can find one-stop NCAA Tournament shopping here.

The following odds are available at DraftKings Sportsbook. Be sure to check out OddsSeeker’s list of brilliant sports betting apps, and here’s OddsSeeker’s awesome guide to sports betting.

Here are six wagers to like. Picks in bold.

Good luck, bettors!

VILLANOVA vs. KANSAS

Spread: Kansas -4.5

Total: 132.5 (Under 132.5 points)

Moneyline: Kansas -195, North Carolina +165

The Jayhawks, the last No. 1 seed standing, had the easiest road to the Final Four,have won nine straight games, and have gone 30-6 this season while staying in the top 10 since November. They’re on a mission and in a strong position to win their fourth NCAA championship in school history (yeah, thought it was more, too). First-team All-American guard Ochai Agbaji and sensational sixth man Remy Martin lead a high-octane Kansas offense, but here are the biggest reasons to give the points and take the under: The Wildcats will be without do-it-all guard Justin Moore, who averaged nearly 16 points per game during the tournament before tearing his Achilles. Villanova will miss him dearly. Still, the Wildcats play stifling defense, are smart and disciplined and they hit threes and their free throws. That makes for a tight low-scoring game. Let’s call it Kansas 68, Villanova 62.

NORTH CAROLINA vs. DUKE

Spread: Duke -4

Total: 151 (OVER 151)

Moneyline: Duke -190, North Carolina +160

A dream matchup that guarantees a ratings bonanza. Mike Krzyzewski's retirement tour continues as he reaches the Crescent City for his all-time record-setting 13th Final Four appearance. Incredible. Can he go out on top? Tough to say. Duke beat the tar out of Carolina back in January, winning by 20, then lost by 13 to the Heels at home on March 5. KenPom’s data show the spread should be Duke -6 while Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight has Duke with a 68% percent chance to win the game (to NC’s 32%). Bottom line is that Duke shoots the ball better than Carolina, but the Dukies better not be missing too many attempts and expecting second shots because the Tar Heels as a team are a rebounding machine (third in the country in defensive rebounds and +46 in rebounding margin overall in the tournament.) KenPom's projections have this being an 80-76 win for the Blue Devils, which matches the current spread. However, his over/under total is 6 points higher than where most online sportsbooks have it.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: KANSAS vs. DUKE

Predicted final point spread: Duke - 2

Obviously, pure speculation, but I think this is the matchup we’re getting Monday night.

These teams match up very well with one another so I don’t expect the spread to be any higher than 3. They’re that close. Before Saturday’s semifinals tip-off, Kansas actually is the favorite to claim the tourney tournament, according to Silver’s FiveThirtyEight, with the Jayhawks at 41% to win it all and Duke at 31%. KenPom’s metrics indicate Kansas should be favored by 1, but I’m saying it winds up Duke minus 2 because of the Coach K factor. Is it really wise to go against the GOAT and his Blue Devils in a championship game in a voodoo-loving city where Kansas has been to three Final Fours and lost twice in the championship game (2003, 2012) and once in the semifinals (1993)? Maybe the Jayhawks are jinxed in a city also known as Hollywood South. And while I was tempted to pick Kansas, Krzyzewski figures to have his mojo working and conjure all the powers his Devils possess. By Tuesday morning we're going to have to give the Duke Blue Devils their due. Duke (-2) 79, Kansas 73.

THE BEST PROP BET OF THE FINAL FOUR

Most Points Scored by any Player in a Single Game

(Includes both games, semifinal, and championship)

We’re closing with this because I truly believe it’s a lock. Take the Under 27.5.

As much talent as we’re going to see Saturday and Monday, with tons of future NBA stars (Paulo Banchero, Ochai Agbaji, and more) on the Superdome floor, Duke and Kansas are too balanced to have any one player go off for 28 points. This looks like a gift. Take it.

LuckyLand Slots #1 Trending - Redeem Prizes For Cash & More!
LuckyLand Slots Free Signup Promo Get 7,777 Gold Coins + 10 FREE Sweeps Coins LuckyLand Slots First Purchase Offer 50,000 Gold Coins for $5 + 10 Free Sweeps Coins
LuckyLand Slots #1 Trending - Redeem Prizes For Cash & More!
LuckyLand Slots Free Signup Promo Get 7,777 Gold Coins + 10 FREE Sweeps Coins LuckyLand Slots First Purchase Offer 50,000 Gold Coins for $5 + 10 Free Sweeps Coins
Fortune Coins ALL NEW - FREE COINS 💰💰💰
Fortune Coins Free Signup Promo Get $8 in FREE SWEEPS COINS Fortune Coins First Purchase Offer 1,000,000 Gold Coins + $40 of FREE Coins for your first purchase.
Copy code
CLAIM OFFER For New Players

Get Free Bonuses Straight to Your Inbox

13