OddsSeeker.com, like many internet media publications, runs on funding from our advertising partners.
While on OddsSeeker.com you will see advertisements, reviews, and promotions for online gaming companies - these are intended for individuals 21 and older - and only within the listed gaming jurisdictions.
If you use a bonus code or click on certain affiliate links listed on this page or elsewhere on OddsSeeker.com and then make a deposit or purchase at the advertised company we may receive compensation from that company.
The gaming operators listed on OddsSeeker.com do not have any influence over our Editorial team's review or rating of their products.
We thank you for using our affiliate links & codes as a show of support, because that's how we keep OddsSeeker.com free for anyone to read and use.
The Biggest Lottery Wins Of All Time
You probably know lottery bets as wagers with very long odds, practically moonshot odds, and we won’t lie to you and pretend they’re any different. Even so, lottery wagers remain some of the most inexpensive, lowest-risk, and highest-possible reward wagers a bettor can place.
Nowhere else is that more apparent, perhaps, than amongst our two preferred online lottery sites of choice: Jackpocket and the Michigan State’s local online lottery. Jackpocket users can put cheap ticket entries for the chance to potentially win big in public and private prize pools, and Great Lake State residents aged 21 and older have the privilege of playing daily spin drawings on the Michigan Lottery’s website, completely free of charge!
Want to know how big that winning potential can be? Here are some of the top lottery winners of all time.
Top 10 Biggest Lottery Winners
As of writing this, here is a timeline of 10 of the biggest lottery jackpots ever won in the US, as well as the states where each winning ticket was won, courtesy of statistics compiled by the Associated Press:
- March 30th, 2012: Three tickets from Kansas, Illinois, and Maryland paid out a combined $656 million Mega Millions Jackpot
- November 28th, 2012: Two Powerball tickets in Arizona and Missouri paid out a combined $587.5 million Jackpot
- May 18th, 2013: One golden $590.5 million ticket paid out a massive Powerball jackpot to a lucky buyer in Florida
- December 17th, 2013: A giant $648 million Mega Millions jackpot hit across the country, for one fortunate ticket buyer in Florida, and another in Georgia
- January 13th, 2016: Three tickets across California, Florida, and Tennessee hit a whopping $1.586 BILLION Powerball jackpot
- August 23rd, 2017: The sharpest Powerball ticket in Massachusetts hit, winning its buyer a $758.7 million jackpot
- October 23rd, 2018: Ironically, a Mega MILLIONS ticket wound up paying out $1.537 BILLION for one extremely fortuitous South Carolina buyer
- October 27th, 2018: Two Powerball tickets, each in Iowa and New York, paid out a combined $687.8 million jackpot
- March 27th, 2019: One really golden ticket in Wisconsin paid out a hefty $768.4 million Powerball jackpot
- January 21st, 2021: One magic Maryland ticket hit a $731.1 million jackpot
Buy Lottery Tickets Online
With costs this low and potential payouts this high, the occasional lottery raffle can make for a fun game of chance. Through Jackpocket and the Michigan Lottery, you can play the game with even lower risks than ever before, with raffle ticket costs as cheap as $5, $2, or in certain cases, costing you nothing at all!
You can start even more affordably and at an even lower cost by signing up through our affiliate links! Sign up for Jackpocket with a free $2 welcome bonus drawing using code “ODDSSEEKER”, and sign up to the Michigan Lottery site today to get a free first-deposit match bonus for up to $100 in site credit.