OddsSeeker.com, like many internet media publications, runs on funding from our advertising partners.
While on OddsSeeker.com you will see advertisements, reviews, and promotions for online gaming companies - these are intended for individuals 21 and older - and only within the listed gaming jurisdictions.
If you use a bonus code or click on certain affiliate links listed on this page or elsewhere on OddsSeeker.com and then make a deposit or purchase at the advertised company we may receive compensation from that company.
The gaming operators listed on OddsSeeker.com do not have any influence over our Editorial team's review or rating of their products.
We thank you for using our affiliate links & codes as a show of support, because that's how we keep OddsSeeker.com free for anyone to read and use.
What Are Inside And Outside Bets In Roulette? Types Of Bets In Roulette
In roulette, inside bets are some of the biggest moneymakers you can pour your betting juice into – any bet you make on any number found on the inside section of the table. While these bets have longer odds at hitting, they deliver bigger payouts when they DO hit.
If you might be a new player looking to take advantage of an online casino free signup bonus, no deposit required, then you might be wondering about the sorts of inside or outside bets you can place on the virtual or live dealer roulette wheel. To start, there are six types of inside bets a player can make in roulette:
- Split Bets: These entail placing a wager on two consecutive, successive numbers – for example, 14 and 15.
- Straight Up Bets: A single bet placed on a single number, with 37 to 1 payout odds.
- Street Bets: A triple threat bet on three consecutive numbers, for example, 12, 13, and 14. Payout odds are 11 to 1.
- Corner Bets: A bet on four numbers grouped together in a “corner”. A winning payout is 8 to 1.
- Five Bets: A bet on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3, hence the “five-bet” moniker. This inside bet can only be made on American roulette wheels, since those are the only wheels with the 00 “number”, and winning payouts are 6 to 1.
- Line Bets: Two rows containing three numbers each, with 5 to 1 winning payout odds.
Outside roulette bets, on the other hand, offer lower payouts on the numbers facing outside the wheel but have better odds at hitting. Whether you’re playing the best Michigan online casinos, best NJ online casinos, or any online casinos for real money, here are some types of outside bets you can place:
- Column Bets: A bet on a dozen numbers in a row with a 2 to 1 winning payout ratio. These types of bets cover nearly 1/3rd of the table on both European Roulette (32.4%) and American Roulette (31.6%) wheels.
- Dozen Bets: These allow you to bet twelve numbers for each spin, with three “Box” figures for each spin. Like column bets, dozen bets also offer 2 to 1 winning payouts, with the same table coverage percentages as column bets.
- Color Bets: A bet on all the wheel’s red numbers or black numbers with a 1 to 1 payout.
- Odd/Even Bets: As the name implies, these kinds of bets entail wagering on all the even numbers and odd numbers on the roulette wheel. These bets have a 1 to 1 winning payout, and cover nearly half of the wheel in both American (47.4%) and European (48.6%) roulette games.
- Low/High Bets: Placing all your chips on the first half (1-18) or the latter half (19-36) of the roulette wheel, with a winning 1-1 payout ratio.
There are multiple ways you can attack the wheel, but the best way you can choose to attack it really comes down to a matter of personal preference. It depends on how much potential risk you’re willing to weigh against the potential rewards.
What Do Roulette Bets Pay?
As we’ve covered above, roulette payouts and odds all vary depending on the specific sort of bets you’re placing, and where you’re specifically placing them. If you’re wondering whether or not it’s the most consistently, reliably profitable free casino online game, the answer, unfortunately, is probably not.
Think about it; even with the hottest possible bets you could make covering half the wheel (18 numbers), there are still 18 other points where you could mess up. Ultimately, your wisest move is to play these risks with buffers that lower the potential risks, like Michigan online casino bonus codes, or NJ casino bonus codes.
These promo codes can match your first deposit, or award you an online casino free signup bonus, no deposit required.
Are There Any Illegal Bets In Roulette?
At an actual real-world casino, it’s illegal to place call bets, which are essentially wagers without any chips yet placed on the table, or to place late bets with a roulette wheel prediction computer. But since there’s no wheel physically present for you to spin in online roulette, those two things are generally not issues in online roulette.
What Is The Best Bet In Roulette?
Any wager covering nearly half the numbers on the outside of the wheel is bound to offer the safest roulette odds, albeit at the cost of a lower payout.
Ultimately, your safest bet at playing roulette will come through promos like this generous $50 online casino no deposit bonus from DraftKings. Sign up for DraftKings here to claim your reward, and for more great online casino deals, tips, and tricks delivered straight to your inbox, why not give our mailing list a follow too?